CIO Institute Events - A day of world-class, end-user-driven academia helping executives make the right decisions. Covering the latest trends and challenges, our flagship events provide a dynamic and agile mix of thought leadership, best practices, and networking sessions.
Dr Beverly McCann
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
VP of Sales, EMEA
This session will bring together prescient Security leaders to uncover how they can truly understand how to manage risk across their entire enterprise. Improving their risk management practices, elevating their role to high-value leader and harnessing the power of technology to attain a higher level of risk management.
- Examining the critical role IT has to play in corporate governance, risk management and compliance efforts
- Bridging the gap between silos to nurture risk expertise cross-functionally and opening lines of communication to gain a broader view on the totality of risk
- Conducting a business impact analysis to highlight the ways your organisation is vulnerable to risk
- Understand the evolving threat landscape, and how to emphasise risk assessment and management techniques
- The importance of establishing robust policies, response plans and governance structures
- Navigating the path to a secure digital future with essential strategies to fortify your cybersecurity posture and build cyber resilience
As organizations increasingly look at cloud computing as a means of moving quicker, more agile and increasing flexibility, security demands must keep up with the pace of change. Providing quicker detection, responding in real-time and providing a secure operating model without disruption.
- Embedding real-time protection & detection efficiency across a hybrid cloud network
- Taking immediate action on threats to your enterprise through automated response
- Increasing visibility across your enterprise without sacrificing operational performance
Recent ransomware attacks have crippled public services and caused significant damage to enterprises across industry. In this session we will explore the latest tools available to protect your organisation from the demands of hackers utilising increasingly sophisticated and prominent ransomware.
- Assessing the evolution of ransomware and why ransomware attacks are emerging
- Exploring new technologies available to prevent and protect against malware attacks
- Uncovering vulnerabilities across your enterprise that are open to being exploited
- Understanding the importance of comprehensive risk assessment and digital risks and vulnerabilities associated with digital technologies and data
- Explore strategies for protecting digital assets from cyber threats and breaches
- Discuss techniques for identifying, assessing and prioritising risks across the organisation
As more and more employees work remotely, ensuring secure access to company resources is crucial for the success of any organization. In this session, we will explore how a cloud-first security architecture can help you upgrade your remote access capabilities and keep your business secure.
- Benefits of a cloud-first approach to security, including the ability to scale quickly, reduce costs, and improve flexibility
- How cloud-based security solutions can help you protect your network and data from cyber threats and attacks
- Overcoming common challenges when implementing cloud-based security solutions, including legacy systems and cultural resistance to change
- Explore the pivotal role of AI in revolutionising application security and delve into innovative AI-driven approaches
- Navigate the landscape of proactive threat detection, adaptive defense mechanisms and strategic decision making to fortify organisations against evolving cyber threats
- Understand how the synthesis of AI and application security not only enhances response times but also augments the over resilience of your systems, providing powerful tools to safeguard your critical assets
In this session we explore how to effectively work cross functionally to ensure that you are not leaving yourself vulnerable to compliance risks. Examining how you can build advocates and champions across the business to protect against risk and guarantee security governance.
- Justifying security investment by making ROI speak for itself, offer a reduction in risk that exceeds cost of adoption
- Learning to speak the language of non-IT stakeholders to achieve organisational buy-in
- Partnering with key players across the enterprise and understanding their key objectives and performance indicators
- Key steps to making security an essential component of your operating model
- ‘The human element has been identified as a contributing factor in 95% of all cyber security incidents’
- What issues arise if security is treated as solely a technology problem and not a whole business/human one with a holistic enterprise security detail?
- What kind of threats are caused by human error?
- Why is it important to focus on minimizing the opportunity for human error? In what ways can this be done?
- How can building a sense of community in your organization create a more resilient business and how can this create real safety and longevity for your business?
- What are some tips for communicating cyber security best practise?
Businesses face a constant barrage of potential cyber attacks, ranging from simple phishing scams to sophisticated ransomware attacks. It's crucial that you have a plan in place to protect your organization from these threats. This session will discuss the various types of cyber attacks, and the potential impact they can have on your organization's operations and reputation.
- Automation of threat hunting
- Proactive risk assessment and event preparedness
- Ransomware awareness and avoidance
Hackers are leveraging AI to make their attacks appear more authentic than ever. For senior leadership, it’s not enough to educate your employees anymore, as even the savviest can fall victim. CISO’s need to ensure they are equipped with the right technology to capture these attempts before they reach a human’s hands.
- Examining the threat that AI poses to your cyber security strategy
- Finding the right engineer that can blend data science and cyber security to combat next-generation attacks
- Assessing how AIOps platforms can protect users from future threats
Join this discussion to identify and exchange best practice with senior security & IT leaders. An open conversation examining the pain points, roadblocks and nuances of a comprehensive digital security strategy.
- The journey to creating a secure cyber ecosystems
- Strengthening your regulatory framework
- Protecting critical information infrastructure
The threat landscape is continually becoming more complex and dangerous. This session will help you learn about the newest threats and vulnerabilities to your enterprise.
Apply for your 2024 VIP pass
Apply here to join our exclusive event.