CIO Institute: USA
The Global CIO Institute: New York City flagship event gathers the foremost minds in the industry to delve into the pivotal issues shaping the role of tech leaders today.
As we navigate the ever-evolving realm of technology, this event stands as an indispensable forum, spotlighting the paramount challenges of our time: from harnessing the potential of Artificial Intelligence and fortifying cyber-security defenses, to deciphering the intricacies of emerging technologies, orchestrating digital transformations, and revolutionizing customer experiences.
Join us in this collaborative journey to unravel the complexities, share insights, and chart a course toward an innovative and resilient future.
Introducing our Chair
Introducing our esteemed event chair at the Global CIO Institute: New York City flagship event, Pat Stahl! In his current role, the Vice President of Technology for WABC-TV, specifically with ABC's Local Television Stations, Pat and his team oversee all aspects of news gathering, production, and distribution.
With a remarkable 17-year career in media technology, Pat has consistently delivered on business needs, showcasing his operational strategy leadership skills. Pat is known for building high-performing, customer-focused teams to execute large-scale, mission-critical projects.
Pat's educational background includes a BA from Rutgers University and an MBA from Columbia University.
Join us at the Cornell University ILR School’s New York City Conference Center on October 18th and benefit from Pat's invaluable insights and passion to mentor and develop diverse teams as he guides us through this exciting event. Don't miss the opportunity to learn from an industry leader dedicated to innovation and customer success!
The panel will discuss the potential impacts of AI on society, including issues such as bias, privacy, and the future of work. We will explore best practices for ensuring that AI systems are designed and deployed in a way that is fair, transparent, and accountable, and that takes into account the needs and values of all stakeholders.
- The role of CIOs in ensuring that their organizations prioritize ethical considerations when deploying AI
- Strategies for building a culture of ethical decision-making within organizations, and for fostering collaboration and engagement with stakeholders in the development and deployment of AI systems.
This keynote speech explores how artificial intelligence can automate document processes, improving efficiency and productivity for organizations. It highlights the challenges of manual document processing and introduces AI technologies like machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision. Attendees gain insights into</p>
- Real-world use cases demonstrate how AI can accelerate tasks such as user onboarding, loan application processing, and medical record analysis.
- The importance of data security and privacy while also addressing concerns about job displacement.
- The benefits of AI automation and its potential for future advancements.
Join this keynote session presented by Ozan Bilgen, CEO of Base64.ai.
In today's fast-changing business world, enterprises must adapt quickly. Software plays a crucial role in this, but complex organizations face challenges. To achieve agility, we focus on:
Centralizing Technology for Reuse: Efficiently allocate resources and promote knowledge sharing, reducing redundancy.
Systematically Incorporate governance and corporate guidelines into the development process
Modernizing Legacy Applications and Optimizing Cloud Technologies: Upgrading outdated systems and embracing cloud solutions to enhance scalability, security, and cost-effectiveness.
Streamlining Integration: Enable seamless operation of diverse software components.
Supporting Developers: Provide tools and training to simplify tasks, boost creativity, and productivity.
Leveraging Gen-AI: Use gen AI for faster, sustainable, and hyper-contextualized code development
Embracing Continuous Delivery: Automate software deployment for rapid updates.
These strategies help our complex financial institution thrive in a competitive financial landscape by empowering teams, modernizing technology, and fostering innovation to deliver exceptional value to customers and stakeholders
+1057% growth in volume of development,
11 times faster than 2018
-36% cost of transaction
64% of transaction growth
-40% Infrastructure Cost
Aline Pavan dos Santos - IT Superintendent - Itaú-Unibanco
Mike Abranches - Vice President - StackSpot
As technology continues to advance at an unprecedented pace, CIOs are facing a critical skills gap in hiring and retaining top talent with the skills and expertise needed to drive innovation and growth. In this conference session, we will explore best practices for addressing the skills gap and building a high-performing and resilient workforce.
- Key skills and competencies that are most in demand in today's digital age, including data analytics, cybersecurity, emerging technologies, strategic planning, and soft skills such as communication and leadership.
- Practical guidance on how to attract and retain top talent, including strategies for creating a strong employer brand, developing compelling employee value propositions, and leveraging technology to streamline recruitment processes and enhance candidate experiences.
- The importance of ongoing skills development and training to upskill and reskill existing employees, and how to create a culture of continuous learning and development within the organization.
This session will be a fireside chat with Don Welch, Global CIO, NYU. Moderated by Pat Stahl, VP of Tech, WABC-TV
As emerging technologies continue to transform the business landscape, it's more important than ever to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and leverage them to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge. In this session, we will explore the latest emerging technologies and provide practical guidance on how to leverage them to drive business growth.
- Significant emerging technologies, including AI, blockchain, IoT, and 5G, and their potential impact on businesses.
- Identify the most promising emerging technologies for their organization and develop a strategy for implementing them effectively, including best practices for evaluating emerging technologies, building a business case for investment, and managing risk
- The importance of collaboration and partnerships in leveraging emerging technologies. Working closely with business stakeholders, technology vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure that emerging technologies align with business goals and deliver value to the organization
Moderated by Zach Emnett, Executive Director, Emerging Tech, Morgan Stanley
Adopting a Zero Trust security framework is more than a simple transition to a cloud-delivered network-centric security architecture. An evolution of how resources are accessed securely combined with a modernized cyber threat defense and data protection architecture is required to deliver on zero-trust principles.
This session will provide insights into how leveraging an architectural approach is the key to the rapidly adopting a zero-trust security posture.
- The role of identity, posture, and context within a zero-trust security framework
- Security benefits of migrating from a static network policy control construct to an AI-driven, dynamic risk-based enforcement model
- Increasing your security posture while maintaining user and application performance
Join this interactive boardroom in partnership with ZScaler
Moderated by A.J. Sofia, Field Chief Technical Officer Americas, Zscaler, Inc.
- Improve ROI from digital transformation projects
- Real-time planning via true Augmented Intelligence
- How to use the different tools and technologies that are available to support concurrent planning.
- Collaboration with other stakeholders in the organization to implement and use concurrent planning effectively.
Join this interactive boardroom discussion in partnership with Kinaxis
Moderated by Justin King, Technical Business Consulting Lead, Kinaxis
Choose your lunch table based on your preferred discussion topic
- Digital Transformation,
- Leadership and talent development,
- Data Strategy.
In an era of rapid technological advancements and evolving cyber threats, ensuring robust cybersecurity practices has become paramount for organizations.
Join our panel of cybersecurity thought leaders as they delve into the latest developments shaping the future of cyber defense. Gain valuable insights into cutting-edge technologies, innovative solutions, and proactive approaches that will empower you to safeguard your organization from emerging cyber risks.
Cyber Threat Intelligence: Understanding and harnessing the power of threat intelligence to proactively identify and mitigate potential threats before they can cause harm
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Cybersecurity: Exploring the applications of AI and ML in threat detection, anomaly detection, and automated response systems to enhance the overall security posture.
Zero Trust Architecture: Embracing the zero trust approach to network security and establishing granular access controls to protect critical assets.
Privacy and Data Protection: Navigating the evolving landscape of data protection regulations and understanding the implications for organizations in terms of data privacy and user consent.
Amit Arora, Professor of AI & Applied Risk Analytics, Columbia University
- Adaptive Decision-Making: Discover how leveraging financial market strategies can enhance your ability to make adaptive, data-driven decisions in the ever-changing IT landscape.
- Risk Management Excellence: Gain insights into how financial markets principles can be applied to IT risk management, enabling you to navigate uncertainties and seize opportunities with confidence.
- Strategic Agility: Learn how to infuse your leadership approach with the agility and responsiveness seen in financial markets, ensuring your IT organization remains adaptable and future-ready in a volatile business world.
In an era where digital interactions define customer relationships, ensuring an exceptional digital experience has become a cornerstone of successful customer retention strategies. This session will help you master the art of creating digital touchpoints that captivate, engage, and retain customers in an increasingly competitive landscape.
Customers are no longer just buying products or services; they are buying experiences. This interactive discussion will delve into the strategies, technologies, and insights necessary to craft unforgettable digital experiences that not only satisfy but delight customers, ultimately driving long-term loyalty and growth.
Understanding the Digital Customer Journey: Gain a comprehensive understanding of the customer journey in the digital age, from the initial touchpoint to post-purchase engagement.
Leveraging Data for Personalization: Learn how to harness customer data and analytics to create highly personalized digital experiences that resonate with individual preferences and needs.
Designing User-Centric Interfaces: Explore the principles of user-centric design and discover how intuitive, visually appealing interfaces can enhance the digital experience and keep customers coming back.
Omnichannel Engagement: Discover the power of seamless, omnichannel engagement strategies that ensure consistency and coherence across all digital touchpoints, from websites and mobile apps to social media and chatbots.
Leveraging Emerging Technologies: Explore how emerging technologies such as AI, chatbots, and augmented reality can be integrated to enrich the digital experience and drive customer retention.
Measuring and Improving CX: Learn how to effectively measure and analyze customer experience metrics to identify pain points, optimize digital touchpoints, and continuously improve the overall customer journey.
Speaker Vanessa Fernandes, Chief Digital Experience Officer, BNY Mellon
Embracing diversity and fostering inclusivity within your teams isn't just a moral imperative – it's a strategic advantage. This session delves into the critical role that inclusive leadership plays in driving innovation, engagement, and organizational success.
This thought-provoking session will empower leaders to cultivate diverse talent, harness the power of varied perspectives, and create environments where every team member feels valued and empowered.
- Effective Inclusive Leadership: Discover practical strategies for leading inclusively, including the importance of active listening, empathy, and fostering a culture of belonging.
- Building Diverse Teams: Learn proven methods for attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent that can drive creativity and innovation within your organization.
- Inclusivity as a Competitive Advantage: Understand how inclusivity isn't just a social responsibility but a means to gain a competitive edge in an increasingly diverse and global marketplace.
Howard Chambers, Digital Accessibility Leader for Inclusive Digital Experiences, Johnson and Johnson
Digital transformation is no longer a choice for businesses, it is a necessity. In order to stay ahead of the competition and survive in today's rapidly changing world, businesses need to embrace digital transformation.
This session is essential to lead your businesses into the future. It will provide you with the knowledge and insights you need to make informed decisions about digital transformation and how to use it to achieve your business goals.
This session will discuss the importance of digital transformation and how to lead the charge. We will cover topics such as:
- The challenges and opportunities of digital transformation
- The skills and qualities that CIOs need to be effective digital transformation leaders
- How to create a culture of innovation
- How to build a team of digital transformation experts
- How to measure the success of digital transformation initiatives
Swaroop Reddy, CIO, Precision Marketing Group for Omnicom
Brands are seeing the power inclusivity has in creating loyalty, with customers spending more with brands that align with their values and that they can trust. There is a massive opportunity to better serve customers with physical and visual disabilities, which combined is the largest minority in the world.
This year, Estee Lauder Companies launched its Voice Enabled Makeup Application (VMA) application, which helps visually impaired users apply makeup independently through a smart mirror. This session will showcase the technology, highlight what’s to come next, and reveal how accessibility is at the forefront of innovation. From accessibility-focused Hackathons to improvement in store design, the technology team has prioritized accessibility in their work.
Speaker - Michael Smith, CIO, Estee Lauder Companies
If you are interested in attending the event, please click to register. Once completed a member of our delegate acquisition team will attempt to contact you within 24-48 hours regarding your registration to confirm your eligibility.