- This event has passed.
CIO Institute: USA
Join us in Chicago for this exceptional opportunity to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving world of technology. This one-day conference is designed exclusively for tech leaders and promises to be an exceptional gathering of industry experts, visionaries, and innovators.
With a dynamic agenda that addresses the pressing challenges faced by today's CIOs, the event will delve into key topics including cyber-security, digital transformation, AI, data, and leadership. Attendees can expect thought-provoking discussions, insightful presentations, and interactive sessions that will provide actionable insights and practical solutions.
John Mohr, CIO, MacArthur Foundation
Dr Beverly McCann
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
VP of Sales, EMEA
Effective communication is critical to success in any enterprise. With so many different departments and stakeholders involved, communication breakdowns can have serious consequences.
During this discussion, we will explore the unique position you play as a CIO to bridge the gap between departments through technology, and ensure that communication channels are open and effective.
- Exploring the impact of effective communication on C-Suite decision-making
- Transforming your communication and collaboration between departments with next gen digital tools
- Funneling intelligence through the business to communicate effectively with the C-Suite
- Examining Best Practice for successful cross-collaboration efforts in large corporations
Soma Venkat, SVP & Chief Information Technology Officer, Cooper Standard
Madhu Reddy, CIO, Republic Bank of Chicago
Raj Sampoonam, CIO, Byline Bank
Cloud migration is an essential step for modern enterprises seeking to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and increase flexibility. However, how to plan and execute a cloud migration strategy that optimizes your business operations while ensuring data security and compliance, is not without its challenges. Join this keynote to discuss
- Best practices for planning and executing your cloud migration strategy, including; Assessing your current IT environment and selecting the right cloud provider
- Designing an appropriate architecture for your enterprise
- Strategies for ensuring data security and compliance during cloud migration Real-world examples of successful cloud migration projects and lessons learned from cloud migration projects
Join this Keynote session in partnership with SAP
Speaker: Elliott Glynn, SAP SR. Cloud Evangelist
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, organizations are constantly seeking ways to stay ahead of the competition and drive growth while keeping costs under control. One of the key strategies to achieve this is modernizing the application framework. During this session, we will explore the importance of application modernization in enabling business agility, scalability, and innovation
- Challenges faced by organizations with legacy application frameworks, such as maintenance costs, limited scalability, and outdated user experiences
- Cloud native technologies, moving from on prem to SaaS offerings allowing for reduced TCO, speed to market and continuous innovation.
As the tech job market becomes increasingly competitive, finding and retaining top talent is a critical challenge for CIOs. In this fireside chat, we will explore the key factors that contribute to employee retention in tech today, and provide insights and strategies for managing a successful recruitment and retention program. How to differentiate your organization and attract top talent in a competitive job market?
- Balancing employee salary expectations with budget constraints, and creating compensation and incentive programs that attract and retain top performers
- Strategies for managing a remote workforce and hybrid working arrangements, and maintaining employee engagement and productivity Identifying and mitigating burnout, and creating a culture that promotes work-life balance and wellness
- Strategies for identifying and filling skill gaps, and investing in ongoing training and development programs to help employees stay current and competitive
Jeff Kruger, VP IT Recruitment and Darius Ryals, SVP Global Infrastructure and IT Operations, Gallagher
Explore the latest technology trends within cloud adoptions, cloud migrations, open source software and their overall impact on enterprise IT. During this interactive boardroom session, we will discuss emerging trends such as containerization, hybrid cloud, and the emergence of open source software as well as discover how these trends are changing the way your peers are managing their IT infrastructure and applications.
- Emerging technology trends within cloud adoptions, including containerization, hybrid cloud, and open source software.
- How these emerging trends are impacting enterprise IT, including changes in infrastructure management, application development, and security.
- Best practices for adopting new cloud technologies and managing cloud environments.
- Real-world examples of successful cloud deployments and lessons learned from cloud migration projects.
Join this boardroom in partnership with EnterpriseDB moderated by Stacy Scoggins, Field CTO, EnterpriseDB
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, you play a pivotal role in driving organizational success. To stay ahead, they must embrace change as a catalyst for strategic advantage and value creation. This session will provide you with a roadmap to effectively navigate change and leverage it as a powerful tool for driving business outcomes.
- The critical role of technology in shaping organizational agility and resilience
- How to harness emerging technologies to drive innovation, streamline processes, and enhance customer experiences
- Identify where future disruption is coming from and incoporate into you strategy
Praveen Moturu, Chief Enterprise Architect at Mars Inc
Even the most well-protected organizations fall victim to ransomware - what do you do when this happens? Most organizations have already invested and implemented strong layers of security but are still vulnerable to ransomware.
Cybercriminals are constantly outsmarting even the most robust security solutions; evolving methods and behaviors make it impossible for traditional security vendors to prevent them. Endpoint protection is no longer enough.
This session is essential if you wish to stay ahead of the ransomware threat. It will provide you with the following knowledge:
- What is ransomware containment and how will it change my approach to stopping attacks?
- How does a containment solution complement and enhance the investment I've already made in my security infrastructure?
- How will containment make ransomware attacks an inconvenience rather than a major security operation?
Join this boardroom discussion in partnership with Bullwall
Moderated by Mike Lapinsky, Sales Director, Bullwall
The potential costs of a ransomware attack can be staggering, including financial losses, reputational damage, and legal liabilities. To remain resilient against these threats, companies need to take a proactive and comprehensive approach to cybersecurity.
During this keynote, examine the key elements of a successful ransomware resilience strategy, including:
- Building a strong security culture across the enterprise
- Implementing best practices for data protection Investing in advanced threat detection and response capabilities
- Identifying the key steps you can take to strengthen your organization's defenses against ransomware
Join this keynote with Roberto Gutierrez, AVP IT and CISO, OSI Group
Ruben Chacon will share his experience facing NotPetya, a malware designed to destroy and which impacted various organizations including Mondelez International. He was directly responsible for all the actions related to containment, response and recovery of this devastating event.
This insider story on how these events unfolded, major challenges, and key actions to taken before, during, and after a cyber-crisis will help you improve your incident response program.
Join this keynote with Ruben Chacon, VP and CISO, Eaton
The ever-evolving threat landscape and the increasing complexity of enterprise systems have made effective security risk management more challenging than ever before. To stay ahead of the curve, many organizations are turning to cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence
This roundtable will discuss the challenges of effective security risk management in today's threat landscape and insights on incorporating AI into security risk management programs.
- Examining Key challenges of effective security risk management, including how to identify and prioritize risks and allocate resources effectively
- Best practices for incorporating AI into security risk management, including how to leverage AI for threat detection, response, and incident management
- Strategies for building a security culture within your organization and developing a security risk management program that aligns with business goals
- Real-world examples of successful AI-driven security programs and lessons learned from high-profile security breaches.
Koushik Subramanian, CISO, Kraken Financial
CEOs need to stop thinking of transformation as a one-time event - it is an ongoing process that requires continuous innovation and adaptation to keep pace with technological advancements and evolving customer needs.
This keynote session will provide insights and strategies for embracing innovation at the heart of your business, and achieving continuous digital transformation.
- The importance of a digital-first mindset: Prioritizing digital transformation to foster a culture of innovation across all levels of the organization
- The role of emerging technologies: From AI and machine learning to IoT and blockchain, leveraging emerging technologies to create new business models and enhance customer experiences
- The power of data-driven insights: harnessing the power of data analytics to gain valuable insights into customer behavior, optimize operations, and drive innovation
- The need for agility and flexibility: strategies for building an agile and flexible organization that can quickly adapt to new opportunities and challenges.
Alexander Chimon, Former Chief Digital and Data Officer, National University
Sandeep Pulavarty, CIO, Paper Transport
Customer experience (CX) is increasingly recognized as a key driver of business success. Enterprises that deliver exceptional customer experiences outperform their competitors, and customer-centricity is becoming a strategic imperative for many organizations. As a Chief Information Officer, you play a critical role in supporting your enterprise's CX objectives.
In this keynote, explore the importance of customer-centricity in supporting CX as a key strategic objective. Providing practical guidance for implementing a customer-centric mindset across your enterprise and highlighting real-world examples of successful customer-centric organizations.
- Key components of a customer-centric mindset, including customer empathy, customer journey mapping, and customer feedback
- Practical guidance for implementing a customer-centric culture across your enterprise, including how to engage employees at all levels
- Strategies for leveraging technology to support customer-centricity, such as customer analytics, customer relationship management systems, and personalized marketing
- Best practices for measuring and monitoring CX performance and aligning CX objectives with business goals
Join this session with Jason Birnbaum, CIO, United Airlines
Finish the day with drinks and canapes, and a chance to win in the star prize draw
A pair of Ray-Ban Stories Smart Sunglasses, provided by CoreSite
Play ‘Tech Jeopardy’ to have fun, win great prizes, and learn more about how CoreSite can help with your IT infrastructure needs.
For the raffle, we will be giving away a pair of Ray-Ban Stories Smart Sunglasses.
In partnership with CoreSite
If you are interested in attending the event, please click to register. Once completed a member of our delegate acquisition team will attempt to contact you within 24-48 hours regarding your registration to confirm your eligibility.