- This event has passed.
CIO Institute: USA
The inaugural CIO Institute San Francisco brings together leading minds in technology to explore the latest trends and challenges facing today's CIOs.
The agenda focuses on five key themes that are critical for any modern technology leader:
- Digital Transformation,
- Risk Management,
- Data Strategy.
Our expert speakers will share their insights and experiences on how to navigate these complex and rapidly evolving fields, and offer practical solutions to the most pressing issues facing technology leaders today. Join us for a thought-provoking and informative event that will help you stay ahead of the curve in this ever-changing landscape.
Meet the Chair
Jennifer M. Krolikowski,
Former CIO, Space Systems Command
Dr Beverly McCann
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
VP of Sales, EMEA
As technology continues to evolve at an exponential rate, the role of CIOs and IT leadership is rapidly changing. In this panel discussion, we will explore the key trends and challenges that are likely to shape the future of IT leadership and discuss the skills and strategies that CIOs will need to adopt to stay ahead.
- Augmenting your workforce with artificial intelligence and automation
- Delivering the best hybrid of old and new worlds
- Incorporating technology into your broader business strategy to accelerate organizational objectives
- Becoming an ‘agent for change’ - transforming business operations and driving revenue growth
- Lutz Beck, CIO, Daimler
- Ahsan Baig, CIO, AC Transit
With tightening resources and increasing customer demands, you need to find ways to deliver software faster while ensuring it meets the highest quality standards. This session will explore the importance of feature management in modern software development and how to use it to accelerate your digital business. You’ll come away understanding how to innovate faster, lower the risk of outages, and measure and optimize every product experience.
Understand the 5 key use cases for feature management and how to apply them
Hear how leading teams are releasing faster and optimizing customer experiences
Learn best practices for adopting and implementing feature management
In partnership with LaunchDarkly. Presented by John Kodumal, CTO & Co-Founder, LaunchDarkly
The world changed at the start of 2023 and the status quo is being challenged like never before. Business leaders are grappling to understand how they can embrace AI to stay relevant in this new era. While the recent breakthroughs in AI are remarkable, it is still unclear to enterprises how to transition from lab grade AI to Real World AI.
In this session we will explore:
- The top 5 strategies for leaders to start building the enterprise of tomorrow with ROI generating real world AI
- The secret to leaping from lab grade AI to real world AI deployed in your enterprise in weeks instead of years
Luv Tulsidas, CEO & Founder, Tim Delesio, Chief Technology Officer, Elliott Krohnke, Account Executive, Techolution
Digital transformation is at the forefront of most corporate agendas, where an organization’s growth is
dependent on operational efficiency and delivering optimal customer experiences in a digital world. But
true digital transformation requires trust. Digital trust has never been more important than it is today.
Ever-expanding connectivity and digital transformation are introducing new possibilities to improve
living, address economic growth and build a better future. At the same time, this is expanding attack
vectors, and companies need digital trust to ensure confidence that their digital footprint is secure.
This discussion will explore:
- Trends impacting the modern, distributed enterprise
- Key elements of a digital trust framework
- How digital trust applies to identity access management, quantum computing, enterprise PKI,
websites, connected devices, software supply chains, electronic signing and more
- Strategies for building digital trust within your organization and with customers
- The ways in which offensive AI attacks can harm an organisation and the steps you can be take to avoid them
- Investing in the right security technologies, training employees to identify and respond to potential threats, and creating a comprehensive incident response plan
- Ethical considerations surrounding the use of AI in security systems and you can balance the benefits of AI with the risks
Join this keynote with Sujeet Bambawale, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer at 7-Eleven
In today's fast-paced business environment, agility and speed are essential to keep up with customer demands and market changes. To enable rapid transformation and innovation, low-code development has emerged as a powerful tool for CIOs to accelerate software delivery and reduce development costs.
In this session, we will explore the latest strategies and technologies that are radically redefining the IT landscape. You can expect to:
- Discuss pressing issues for contemporary CIOs, including optimizing IT assets for substantial impact, exploring the influence of Generative AI on application development and automation, and the introduction of next-generation architectures like Data Fabric.
- Hear from Wayne Anderson, Head of Retail Banking Technology at Bank of the West who will share his invaluable experiences, illuminating how they successfully utilized Appian to pioneer digital transformation in banking. Wayne will share insight into their strategies, challenges, and achievements in their transformative journey.
- Engage in an interactive fireside chat with our experts on these riveting topics.
This session promises to offer a comprehensive view of the evolving digital landscape and provide insights to help you stay ahead of the curve. Join us as we delve into the world of digital leadership and explore the future of information management.
Join this boardroom in partnership with Appian, moderated by Malcolm Ross, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy, Appian
This keynote speech explores how artificial intelligence can automate document processes, improving efficiency and productivity for organizations. It highlights the challenges of manual document processing and introduces AI technologies like machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision. Attendees gain insights into</p>
- Real-world use cases demonstrate how AI can accelerate tasks such as user onboarding, loan application processing, and medical record analysis.
- The importance of data security and privacy while also addressing concerns about job displacement.
- The benefits of AI automation and its potential for future advancements.
Join this keynote session presented by Ozan Bilgen, CEO of Base64.ai.
Buffet lunch and networking
Ransomware attacks are one of the most significant threats facing organizations today. A successful ransomware attack can have devastating consequences, including data loss, downtime, and reputational damage. Therefore, it's crucial to be well-prepared to prevent and respond to these attacks.
This session will explore:
- Examining the latest ransomware attack trends, including how ransomware gangs are evolving their tactics and techniques to evade detection
- Implementing multi-layered security controls, providing regular security awareness training to employees, and conducting regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- How to respond in the event of a ransomware attack, including how to contain the attack, assess the impact, and decide whether to pay the ransom
- Guidance on creating and testing incident response plans and engaging with law enforcement and third-party cybersecurity experts
Join this keynote with Upendra Mardikar, EVP and CISO at TIAA
- Understanding Customer Needs: Gathering customer feedback, analyzing customer data, and creating customer journey maps.
- Agile Development Methodologies: By using agile methodologies, you can ensure that digital spaces are continuously refined and improved based on customer needs and feedback.
- Integrating Customer Feedback: user testing, surveys, and other feedback mechanisms.
Study after study has demonstrated that even well-defined strategies are only well executed for transformation initiatives between 10-25% of the time.
One barrier has been a lack of a method for leaders to visualize and update their strategic and operational plans, tactics, and results to drive agile transformation strategies.
This session will cover
- 3 leading strategy execution methodologies: Hoshin Kanri, Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Measures (OGSM), Objectives and Key Results (OKR)
- Obstacles of strategy execution
- Roadmaps that "connect the dots" between strategy and execution
Keynote delivered by Gail Ferreira, Ph.D., CxO Advisor, Bank of America
Businesses are striving to remain competitive and relevant in a rapidly changing market, and agile transformation has become an increasingly popular solution. Agile transformation is more than just a set of methodologies, it's a mindset and culture shift that requires the active involvement of every member of the organization. In this round table session, we will discuss how you can drive organizational culture through agile transformation.
- Understanding about agile methodologies
- Agile team building
- Selecting the optimum agile workflows for your team
Join this interactive boardroom discussion moderated by Saumya Vardhan, Director of Digital Transformation, Yahoo!
The benefits of creating an inclusive work environment are numerous, from increased employee engagement and productivity to improved retention rates and a better reputation in the marketplace. However, developing an inclusive culture requires intentional effort, particularly in building a diverse team.
- Best practices for creating an inclusive culture
- Attract and retain diverse talent
- The importance of unconscious bias training
- Establish a culture of inclusivity from the top down
Join this Keynote with Komal Lahiri, VP Global Privacy and DEI Champion, Meta
A Modern Data Strategy, based on a logical data architecture and powered by data virtualization is essential to enable organizations to leverage their enterprise data to its fullest and make better business decisions. This session will explore how companies can focus on their business goals without having to stop and figure out how to access, integrate, govern, and provision data.
- Enable business users to immediately and easily access the data they need without worrying about where it is housed, how it is formatted, or how quickly it changes.
- Logically connect to the data as needed, leaving the source data in its original locations instead of spending laborious time and effort in physically moving and duplicating large volumes of data from different sources into a centralized location.
- Abstract consumers from complexities of data access and enable seamless migration from on-prem to cloud data sources without business disruption by providing an intelligent access layer between data consumers and data sources.
Moderated by Daniel Lender, Chief Financial Officer, Denodo.
Attracting and retaining top talent is crucial to the success of your organization. To do this, you need to create an employee-first culture that prioritizes the needs and well-being of your team. This session will explore the benefits of creating a positive workplace culture, including increased employee engagement, productivity, and job satisfaction.
- Create a culture of open communication that empowers employees to share their ideas and feedback
- how providing opportunities for growth, recognizing and rewarding employees, fostering a positive work environment, prioritizing work-life balance, and offering competitive compensation and benefits
Join this keynote session with Datta Junnarkar, CIO, Boeing - Autonomous Maritime Division
Networking and prize draw
If you are interested in attending the event, please click to register. Once completed a member of our delegate acquisition team will attempt to contact you within 24-48 hours regarding your registration to confirm your eligibility.